Thread: problem running oblivion

Beans

Question problem running oblivion

hi im trying to run this game the elder scrolls 4 oblivion in fullscreen and for some reason the resolution is too big for the screen no matter what its set to but in windowed mode it has no problems, anybody have any idea how to fix this?
    and if anyone asks no i cant play in windowed mode just doesnt feel right without fullscreen.
    Last edited by steve8; September 8th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: problem running oblivion

If you go into <Docs>/My Games/Oblivion, you should be able to find a file called "Oblivion.ini" and in that file you should be able to edit those settings.

Code:
    bFull Screen=1
    iSize W=1280
    iSize H=800
    The above, for example, attempts to switch the screen into 1280x800 and run in that.

Beans

ye now i got my computer hooked to my tv and it'll work under 1024x768 but unfortunately i forgot the game runs better in 800x600 but in 800x600 it still doesn't display right didnt have this problem with windows 7 weird

Beans

how very odd at first i had my computer set to display on my tv only but with dual display i can run it in 800x600 however the display on my laptop moniter isn't right very odd thanks for trying to help anyhow