Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uninstalling linux and installing windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Uninstalling linux and installing windows 7

No device drivers are required to install windows. Least I never yet had such requirement made.

Windows has a utility to make bootable USB's for it's system installations. I suggest you use it. And please be sure you have a genuine microsoft download.
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Quote Originally Posted by toby_peterken View Post
    @ carl - o have tried many digffernt .isos and none have worked
    What is the source of all these different Windows ISOs?
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

I am using winusb on ubuntu to burn the iso, I am no dual booting.
    where is the genuine microsoft download and can it be activated after install.

Beans
    Distro

Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans

i have used that one. I have downloaded it but i think the error will persist

Beans
    Distro

Are you using
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...usbdvd_dwnTool

Have you verified the download of the .iso?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You still haven't said what hardware you are trying to install on or how you are trying to install.

The normal way to boot into an install image is to interrupt the boot process, enter BIOS setup, alter the boot order to opt for the device holding the image, and continue the boot.

Is that what you are doing?

You said you were prompted to install drivers after language selection. What, exactly, does the message say? Does it list specific devices that need drivers? Has this been the single consistent issue with every iso you have tried?

Beans

@ carl - how do i verify the downlaod
    @ buzzing I am doing that to load the install and all it says is that device drivers are missing. insert the drivers or search

I am not using windows. i only have linux right now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by toby_peterken View Post
    ....all it says is that device drivers are missing. insert the drivers or search

I am not using windows. i only have linux right now
    If that message is coming from the Windows installer, I have to say I have never seen it. In any case, you can't provide drivers unless the message tells you specifically what drivers are needed. There are thousands and thousands of Windows drivers.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, Windows installs without prompting for drivers. At least, that's been my experience over the years. After the initial install, you will need net access to grab the updates, and that may, or may not, require the installation of a driver for your network card. Windows handles all that very well.

But, *again*, without knowing what hardware you are installing on, this is all very hit or miss. If you are using a legitimate Windows install image, burned and booted correctly, and if that message is a legitimate message generated by the Windows installer, then I can only conclude that you are installing on rare and unusual hardware and that has triggered this rare and very unusual message.

Beans

I am using a
    intel i5 3.4 ghz
    asus p8zz- v lx motherboard
    nvidea gt610
    8gb ram
    ubuntu 13.04 64 bit

the iso is theone carl suggested and i am burning it with win usb.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast