Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrad to 13.10 are no permited?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Upgrad to 13.10 are no permited?

If you're still having problems even after the fix was released, maybe try Kansasnoob's suggestion and try a different server.
    Of course, I don't know whether or not that error is prevalent for all software upgrades you run or only for upgrading to the development release(newer Ubuntu versions).
    Of course though, might as well be moot if you're going to try a clean install/ disk install, which in most cases is for the best.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@deadflowr: I believe Miguel said he was going to try my method which is using the upgrade option on the live iso session...that way he won't have to worry about the server since he will be getting the files directly from the iso itself

He mentioned he would report back after he does it and let us know how it went...my went pretty darn smooth so i hope he has as good as luck as i did (upgrading from 13.04 to 13.10)...
    Last edited by craig10x; September 11th, 2013 at 02:24 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    @deadflower: I believe Miguel said he was going to try my method which is using the upgrade option on the live iso session...that way he won't have to worry about the server since he will be getting the files directly from the iso itself

He mentioned he would report back after he does it and let us know how it went...my went pretty darn smooth so i hope he has as good as luck as i did (upgrading from 13.04 to 13.10)...
    lol
    That's why I mentioned the server switching and other problems as being moot.
    I probably should have used a better/more clearer term than clean install.
    As the method you advocate isn't necessarily a clean install, but a straight up upgrade, using the latest disk image instead of the web.
    If it works it works.
    That all that matters in the end.
    Otherwise it's a bug report.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Absolutely...i was just really surprised how well the upgrade can go if you do it from the iso...it was my first time, i never thought it would be as smooth as it was...
    And it is also very fast...since it doesn't need to go back to the internet to grab files...it's all right there...It was really weird because unless you look specifically at what was going on, it looked very much like a normal "clean" install with the slide show and everything...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12