Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12.04 Suspend REALLY messes the graphics up upon awakening. Any fix for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

12.04 Suspend REALLY messes the graphics up upon awakening. Any fix for this?

After a Suspend, my graphics go nuts. I have a hard time seeing any icons or the task bar or commands on the top bar. Any fix for this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 777funk; September 5th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: 12.04 Suspend REALLY messes the graphics up upon awakening. Any fix for this?

do you have proper drivers?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: 12.04 Suspend REALLY messes the graphics up upon awakening. Any fix for this?

Would that be for video? I'd think so, but who knows. I do know it runs fine until I hit Suspend... then not so good.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you have an nvidia graphics card, try the proprietary nvidia drivers. Suspend hasn't worked for me with nouveau. Works fine in Debian and Fedora, but not in Ubuntu for some reason. With the nvidia drivers, everything works fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I have this driver:
    GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

and it's on a Dell Optiplex (AMD from about 5 or 6 years back). Seems to work just great, until I hibernate.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 777funk View Post
    I have this driver:
    GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

and it's on a Dell Optiplex (AMD from about 5 or 6 years back). Seems to work just great, until I hibernate.
    That's not a driver, that's your graphics adaptor. Have you installed the proprietary nvidia drivers? They are not installed by default - the default is the free nouveau driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It says next to that text in the system information on Video
    Driver - GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

And also has a dot next to that on the page where I can choose between vid drivers. But what's weird is that it doesn't let me change drivers. It just says downloading then stops.

Beans
    Distro

Try this in a terminal:

sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
    At some point it might seem to be stuck, but it takes time as it automatically compiles a module for your system.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks sgage, Just tried that and it worked fine but still getting the weird issue after (only after) a suspend.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

bump. I am getting sore eyes from looking at the digitized icons that I can't quite read! lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast