Thread: unable to move/drag/resize windows after logitech wireless mouse plugged in

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

unable to move/drag/resize windows after logitech wireless mouse plugged in

On Mint 13 Cinnamon, when I connect a Logitech wireless mouse (M305), all of a sudden, I'm no longer able to drag windows around via their title bar. Nor am I able to size them. I can click on Menu and the Mint menu pops up - but the selection highlight doesn't track the cursor and I'm unable to click on anything. The cursor moves smoothly and is not sluggish or unresponsive - I'm just very limited wrt click/drag operations.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Are there some alternate drivers I should look into?
    r e l a x . . . 8)

Beans

Re: unable to move/drag/resize windows after logitech wireless mouse plugged in

If RAM and swap memory were in heavy use and a PS2 mouse was pulled and replaced with a USB mouse while the system was up (a hot swap), the what i believe resulting increased memory demand might produce this kind of problem as various processes get gently pruned back. So firstly a shutdown and mouse cold swap should help in this scenario followed by increasing RAM and swap memory.