Thread: "lemon8h8ead" ---> "texadactyl"

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

"lemon8h8ead" ---> "texadactyl"

I believe that both "lemon8h8ead" and "texadactyl" are linked to the same email <snip>. Every time I login via SSO as "texadactyl", my ubuntuforums user ID shows up as "lemon8h8ead". This anomaly does not occur at the other Ubuntu sites for some reason i.e. I am "texadactyl" everywhere else.

Being a consistency nut, please do one of the following in preferential order:
    1. Change ID lemon8h8ead to texadactyl at ubuntuforums.
    2. Delete ID lemon8h8ead.
    3. Change lemon8h8ead's email address to mickey.mouse@disney.com or /dev/null.
    4. Delete both IDs and I'll just start over. )-:

Thank you for your assistance,

Richard aka texadactyl, formerly lemon8h8ead
    Last edited by Iowan; September 6th, 2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: snipped email address

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: "lemon8h8ead" ---> "texadactyl"

lemon8h8ead is the username you chose when you created this forum account in 2007.

There is no forum account with the username texadactyl. I presume from what you say that texadactyl is the name of your Ubuntu One account. Please read this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164051

You'll see that with old forum accounts, the Ubuntu One SSO name is immaterial. The initial match is done by email.

So, with that information, what exactly is it you would like us to do, rather than us choosing from your shopping list?
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro

I doubt that you can rename me to "texadactyl" (preference #1). So please just delete "lemon8h8ead" (preference #2).

Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by texadactyl View Post
    I doubt that you can rename me to "texadactyl" (preference #1).
    Why would you think that? Since that is your first preference, that is exactly what I have done.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro

That was my experience on other web sites. No matter, thank you.