Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you purchased a Linux game lately?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Cool Have you purchased a Linux game lately?

I'm not sure what's involved in making a thread sticky, but if ever one needed to be stuck, this is it....

In my time surfing these forums I've seen countless new threads created either complaining or commenting on the sparseness of quality gaming options in Ubuntu. So perhaps its high-time we do something about it by encouraging people to put their money where their mouth is and buy a game, feed a programmer, and encourage others to start coding games for Linux.

So if you bought (meaning: paid cold hard cash for) a Linux game recently, be counted as one doing their part by posting here and letting us know which title you bought. If you are one of the kind-hearted souls that actually donates money to developers of "free" games, you are also encouraged to post and be counted among those doing your part too.

This is not a place to give a full review of a particular game and rake the developer over the coals for all the things they did wrong, but if you want to give props for some things done particularly well, go for it. Be positive, be encouraging, and let the games begin.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; September 3rd, 2013 at 04:56 AM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Have you purchased a Linux game lately?

Only some years ago from Linuxgamepublishing, but in Steam I have 3 on my wishlist:
    Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
    Metro: Last night

I'm waiting for their releases. Any release date infos?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Postal 2, Brütal Legend, Killing Floor.
    This is my signature

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hotline Miami, Cubemen 2 and Various stuff through TF2 if that counts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Dominions 4, Don't Starve, every Humble Bundle, about 80% of the games on Steam, etc, etc. I have also Kickstarted Akaniero: Demon Hunters, Wasteland 2, Infinity Quest, and Project Phoenix. I have definitely put my (limited) money where my mouth is.
    Last edited by oldrocker99; September 3rd, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I have a stack of Linux Games.. Some on Steam, some actual Disks.. I am a big believer in if you want games in Linux, buy games in Linux.
    LinuxGamer
    Want Games in Linux?!
    Buy Games in Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    I have a stack of Linux Games.. Some on Steam, some actual Disks.. I am a big believer in if you want games in Linux, buy games in Linux.
    Which is why I paid full price for Crusader Kings 2, a ***** game from a major game producer, Paradox.

2013 has certainly become The Year Of Linux Gaming, with the rather astonishing support from Steam. DOTA 2 has been fully ported to Linux. This is huge.

Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Electronic Super Joy & Natural Selection 2.

I also play TF2 some times but it is F2P. They're all steam games, I'm willing to bet that is going to help linux gaming quite a bit.

I'm actually not a big gamer but wanted to see how well stuff ran on Linux with the proprietary NVidia drivers and it turned out pretty well. Ended up deciding I should support Linux gaming, Electronic Super Joy is actually really fun (and annoying).
    Last edited by Kevin_Arnold; September 3rd, 2013 at 05:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Steam has been the best thing to happen to Linux gaming since the Humble Bundles. I know that some people simply hate Steam because of their business model, but I have no problem with a company making a profit. Bear in mind that the GNU License allows for Linux corporations like Red Hat, which has made a profit every year they have been in business.

Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Natural selection 2, metro: last light(since linux is confirmed), Amnesia 2 preorder

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast