Thread: Anyoe else having bother with evolution-calendar-factory constantly running ~ 25% cp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Anyoe else having bother with evolution-calendar-factory constantly running ~ 25% cp

Always top of cpu list. Kill it it restarts. So stopped the process.

Also always asking for password.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...n/+bug/1219805

Beans
    Distro

Re: Anyoe else having bother with evolution-calendar-factory constantly running ~ 25%

I've identified the cause.

Would you believe it. I was caused by having seconds displayed in the clock. Unchecking seconds stopped the high cpu activity as evolution-calendar-factory went to sleep.

Beans

Re: Anyoe else having bother with evolution-calendar-factory constantly running ~ 25%

Not those numbers but both that & indicator-datetime where using around 2.5 - 3 % each all the time here.
    In the above case was from having seconds displayed in the indicator clock so turned off, not worth the constant cpu usage

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Not those numbers but both that & indicator-datetime where using around 2.5 - 3 % each all the time here.
    In the above case was from having seconds displayed in the indicator clock so turned off, not worth the constant cpu usage
    I've got seconds on in 13.04 and no problems at all.

Beans

I had noticed this some time ago, turned on sec's to time barbqueue, seems a bit worse lately.
    Maybe alter bug report to note about sec.'s