Thread: vlc overheats computer

Beans

vlc overheats computer

I have no idea why but my CPU temp will skyrocket and it'll consume ~50% of my PC's CPU. I think this also happens when I boot up in Windows. I run on a hp pavillion g7-1070us.

When I check terminal it sends back the following:

Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Although I'm sorta use to seeing errors on terminal for the majority of apps I run.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Re: vlc overheats computer

You have nvidia card?
    Please give details of your system, CPU, GPU.
    Are you using proprietary drivers for your nvidia card?

From the error with libvdpau_nvidia.so it seems like that .
    Last edited by su:bhatta; September 2nd, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
    bhatta

May the Source be with you !
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh
    'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !