Thread: QJackCtl, need help setting up patches

Beans

QJackCtl, need help setting up patches

I was trying to set up patching using Mudita24 but after some attempts I'm finding out that it can't be used for my card, a M-Audio Delta 2496. So I am trying to setup patches between software and hardware using QJackCtl. Has anybody had any success doing this? I am using Hydrogen, MuSe, Audacity to start. I have seen the general guidelines of setting up patches but it doesn't really help me understand it enough to set my own connections up. Basically what I want to achieve is the ability to connect external midi devices to internal software and to be able to monitor tracks while recording. So far I can't get full duplex audio although I am able to accomplish the midi connectivity somewhat. I'm hoping QJackCtl will be the answer here. I am not too overly concerned with latency as I am not playing external devices like keyboards yet but it would be nice to get it as low as I can without distortion. Thanks ahead of time for any direction here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Re: QJackCtl, need help setting up patches

Don't know what you mean by "patches", but if you have listed everything you need in Qjackctl connections, just start connecting.

Beans

Re: QJackCtl, need help setting up patches

I did this but found that the original problem I was having, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2170868, still existed. No full duplex which makes recording nearly impossible. However I found out what the actual problems was and it had little to do with Jack. I was trying to route all signals through one of two connections which couldn't work with my current setup. I needed to select the digital mixer as the port and then use software driven mixers/control panels to control inputs and outputs. Now it's working well and Jack is setup pretty good too. I am able to listen to drum patterns in Hydrogen while recording a bass line in Ardour. This problem has been solved.