Thread: 12.04 Cannot mount EOS 400D

Beans

12.04 Cannot mount EOS 400D

Hi Guys

Running 12.04 on a Samsung 350E laptop without any problems to date....

However when I attempt to connect my Digital Camera - Canon EOS400D via USB it simply wont mount and I cant find any way to to import pictures off it.

When plugging it in, and trying to mount it via the home folder I get a message saying that it cannot be mounted and, very helpfully, it gives me a reason of "unspecified error"

Any thoughts? this is really annoying me...

Beans

Re: 12.04 Cannot mount EOS 400D

OK, in playing around, I solved it. By cycling through all my USB ports I eventually found one that worked.

Quite how that makes a difference, I dont know. But it did

Beans

Re: 12.04 Cannot mount EOS 400D

Quote Originally Posted by harrisdt View Post
    OK, in playing around, I solved it. By cycling through all my USB ports I eventually found one that worked.

Quite how that makes a difference, I dont know. But it did
    Not sure, but the Samsung 350E seems to have two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports, it might be that only the 2.0 or 3.0 interface could detect your camera. It shouldn't do that though, and my Canon Eos 40D is detected and auto-mounts from both my 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports. I don't have the same laptop as you have though, and I'm using Kubuntu 13.04
    Help me help you, by reading these suggestions before asking for help!
    This will earn you 1 point of respect and a cookie if you also show good manners.
    I'm currently running Kubuntu 13.04 on my laptop and Debian 7 on my desktop pc.