Page 90 of 203 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g (easy method)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g (easy method)

Hola, he estado viendo tu "how to" no hablo inglés pero con los traductores online puedo traducir lo que dices. He hecho todo lo pones en how to pero a la hora de escribir en partificion ntfs no me deja.

en el momento de montar el fstab cambio el idioma es_ES y lo pongo tal y como lo, explicas tengo tambien instalado el fuse 2.5.3.

/dev/hda8 /media/Video ntfs-3g defaults,locale=es_ES.utf8 0 0

Tengo instalado Edgy (actualizado Dapper)

¿Que ocurre, que he hecho mal??

Gracias

Beans

automatically mount ntfs partition with ntfs-3g and vfat (both on sdb1 alternately)

I have two usb devices that I attach to my laptop at different times. One USB stick carries vfat whereas the other usb device is ntfs formatted. Both of them are recongnized as /dev/sdb1. Actually, first usb device is assigned sdb device , second sdc device and so on.

/dev/sdb1 /media/usb_stick ntfs-3g users,auto,silent,umask=0,locale=de_DE.UTF-8,no_def_opts,allow_other 0 0
    #/dev/sdb1 /media/usb_stick vfat defaults,auto,users,utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0 1

I have to comment out one of the lines in /etc/fstab another each time the other device is mounted.

Is it possible for my system to mount ntfs devices with ntfs-3g driver whenever sdb1 contains an ntfs formatted partition and mount vfat devices with vfat driver.

Any idea is much appreciated.

Regards,

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: automatically mount ntfs partition with ntfs-3g and vfat (both on sdb1 alternatel

i need someone to verify this. it took 8 minutes to transfer a 4.5gig iso image from a ntfs internal IDE to an ntfs external USB2 drive. Is that too long or about right?

Beans

Re: automatically mount ntfs partition with ntfs-3g and vfat (both on sdb1 alternatel

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    i need someone to verify this. it took 8 minutes to transfer a 4.5gig iso image from a ntfs internal IDE to an ntfs external USB2 drive. Is that too long or about right?
    That's about 10Mb/s, I don't think that's unreasonable.
    Ubuntu Lucid on a Dell XPS M1710 - Intel Core Duo T2600 (2.16 GHz) - 4Gb RAM - 200Gb@7200rpm - GeForce Go 7900 GTX

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by m94mni View Post
    That's about 10Mb/s, I don't think that's unreasonable.
    Thanks! I was hoping you would say that. 8)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g (easy method)

Thank you givré!!!
    Hola Hola, Thats one great big favour i owe You gals/guys at the forum,
    This things works just fine!!!
    cheers
    Regards,
    Abhi Kalyan
    http://www.kgsplus.com

Beans

Re: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using the ntfs-3g (easy & safe method)

The steps outlined in post #1 worked PERFECTLY for me. THANKS!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using the ntfs-3g (easy & safe method)

What can I say? It's a blessing in this XP/NTFS-riddled computer world....

A sincere Thank you!

Rob
    Linux #416781 - Ubuntu #9075
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ―George Bernard Shaw

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Realos View Post
    I have two usb devices that I attach to my laptop at different times. One USB stick carries vfat whereas the other usb device is ntfs formatted. Both of them are recongnized as /dev/sdb1. Actually, first usb device is assigned sdb device , second sdc device and so on.

/dev/sdb1 /media/usb_stick ntfs-3g users,auto,silent,umask=0,locale=de_DE.UTF-8,no_def_opts,allow_other 0 0
    #/dev/sdb1 /media/usb_stick vfat defaults,auto,users,utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0 1

I have to comment out one of the lines in /etc/fstab another each time the other device is mounted.

Is it possible for my system to mount ntfs devices with ntfs-3g driver whenever sdb1 contains an ntfs formatted partition and mount vfat devices with vfat driver.

Any idea is much appreciated.

Regards,
    Never use fstab for removable device, they are automaticly mounted when plug.
    If you use also the main-all channel of my repo, all ntfs device will use ntfs-3g by default.
    WARNING : Post with explicit contents
    Join to "STOP monolithic all-in-one unmanageable application"
    The wiki is your friend https://help.ubuntu.com/community/

Beans

I'm sure this has been up before, many times, but 90 pages is MUCH reading. So I ask anyway (and taking cover), does anyone in this thread have f*cked up any harddrives or files when using this app?

Page 90 of 203 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast