Thread: used to be options for resizing destop background now none, stretch, fit to screen

Beans

used to be options for resizing destop background now none, stretch, fit to screen

used to be options for resizing destop background now none, stretch, fit to screen / when i clicked on a picture and viewed it on some of my graphic programs i could use it as a desktop background but now it wont resize {ubuntu 13.04}

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: used to be options for resizing destop background now none, stretch, fit to scree

Didi you also install gnome shell by any chance?
    You are such a sweetheart b-b-baby!

Beans

Re: used to be options for resizing destop background now none, stretch, fit to scree

install gnome shell ????? , I dont have it installed
    i dont think i installed it before the upgrade , 5 times i upgraded , no windows {tm} problems yet, fingers crossed :}
    i dont like bloatware , i dont like to jump into things that r unknown , thats what i told my employer before i screwed up :}
    if i install gnome shell i know there will be dependencies that wont be removed if it does not work
    if i install gnome shell, will i be able to resize my desktop picture settings

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

In Ubuntu 13.04 with Unity, if you choose an image that is smaller in pixel resolution than your monitor, a drop-down will appear in the main pane of the appearance window giving you the choice of tile, zoom, centre, scale, fill, span. If you choose an image that is larger, the drop-down disappears. In other words, you have the options you want when they are applicable.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Kicking off of Coffecat's response, what about simply editting the image before adding it as your desktop wallpaper?

Beans

ok i just wanted {i know wants and needs } a quick and easy
    it does not work for smaller images and or larger images
    i know i can resize the image with a graphics program
    but it was ex·treme·ly nice of ubuntu dev`s to not to do so
    i installed unity tweak tool, with out rebooting and unity 2d without rebooting
    and no go

Beans

i upgraded from a wubi upgrade, from my ubuntu desktop new updated software upgrade
    i guess it bonkered my system
    is there any way to fix it without reinstalling
    i know that upgrades arent as stable as just a new install
    all i know is i used a new install on my new harddrive and i have the options to resize the desktop background
    knowledge is power