Thread: Dropbox failing to read HDD properly on startup

Beans

Dropbox failing to read HDD properly on startup

Hi all,

I'm using Dropbox 2.2.13 on Linux Lubuntu 13.04.

I have the Dropbox folder stored in the root of a separate IDE HDD inside the machine. I have found that Dropbox comes up with a message that the folder is not available on every reboot, until I open file manager and simply look at the drive the folder is stored on.

If I restart DB, it can then view the folder and syncs fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a workaround? How can I force Linux to at least look at that drive upon startup?

Many thanks

Beans

Re: Dropbox failing to read HDD properly on startup

I think your issue isn't with Dropbox, per se, but with the fact that you've chosen to have it on a drive that isn't "visible" until you look at it via the file manager. I have a similar issue on Lubuntu 13.04 with bookmarks to folders in my external USB drive. Once I click on the drive, the bookmarks are visible till the end of the session. On reboot, it's the same story again.
    Users can easily damage their systems by using sudo su if they aren't experienced enough.

Beans

Wink [SOLVED] Re: Dropbox failing to read HDD properly on startup

[SOLVED]

Think I've got it - simple auto-mount program which does exactly that on startup, I've posted a reply on the Dropbox forum here:

https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=104643&replies=3#post-563549