Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamweaver CS5.5 won't install ... gives error in screenshot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Dreamweaver CS5.5 won't install ... gives error in screenshot!

This installs perfect in Windows 7 but gives me this error in Wine in Ubuntu 13.04. Any advice on how to get this to install?
    Ubuntu 15.04 - AMD FX-6300 - Asrock 990FX Extreme3 -
    4GB Corsair (other stick died) - Sapphire Radeon R7 265
    Samsung 250GB SSD - 2TB Western Digital HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Please help me get Dreamweaver CS5.5 installed or I will have to go back to Windows 7

I am in my second web design class and it is a Dreamweaver specific class with Dreamweaver CS5.5. I can't get it to work in Wine, it won't finish the install, it keeps erroring out.

I love Ubuntu and don't want to go back to Win7 but this is kinda a deal breaker. Has anyone got this to work in Ubuntu 13.04 and how did you do it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Re: Please help me get Dreamweaver CS5.5 installed or I will have to go back to Windo

Moved to Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Please help me get Dreamweaver CS5.5 installed or I will have to go back to Windo

Seems the WINE database gives a warning on one of the reviews that the installer does not work, but that the program did. So you will have to do a Workaround it seems. You could run a virtual machine though if you computer has stats like that, and just have windows 7 inside Ubuntu to run it. I think there is a video on how to do it on youtube with wine though.
    Proverbs 14:15

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by GameGuru View Post
    I am in my second web design class and it is a Dreamweaver specific class with Dreamweaver CS5.5. I can't get it to work in Wine, it won't finish the install, it keeps erroring out.

I love Ubuntu and don't want to go back to Win7 but this is kinda a deal breaker. Has anyone got this to work in Ubuntu 13.04 and how did you do it?
    I hope you find the help you're looking for. If I were the expert, I'd be more inclined to help a user with a problem, that was appearing to generally enjoying the OS, than someone with a threat to get my attention.

Personally, I'm generally not against Windows 7. It's alright if that's something a personal wants to use. I'm just pro-LInux/Ubuntu and will always be there to help people who share the compassion.

Maybe the thread should be placed on Adobe to make their application compatible with Linux, or else you'd use some of the Native Linux tools.

I know this is the Wine section for Wine help, though it was in the general section originally. So it might not be too out of order for me to mention that you can do GUI web development with Eclipse.

You might also consider asking the community for other Linux solutions. Tell Adobe they can keep getting your bucks if they make their product more compatible to your preferred OS.

Another alternative is to use VirtualBox for any application that doesn't function under Linux/Wine.

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    ljames@apollo3.com
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

There are always dual booting and virtualizing.

If if were me, I would use whatever OS and application required to pass the class. Wouldn't think twice. Wouldn't sweat it.

Don't let OS preference be a stumbling block between you and a goal.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines
    My Blog
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have Dreamweaver installed on my netbook, an Acer Aspire with a celeron processor. It is hella slow but I was wondering if I would be able to copy the install to a USB thumb drive and then copy it to my Ubuntu PC and it work. I did this with World of Warcraft and it worked well, will it work for Dreamweaver?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am copying it over to my USB thumb driver now, I will let you know if it works.

Beans

Re: Dreamweaver CS5.5 won't install ... gives error in screenshot!

Maybe you have to try another version, there is no entry for 5.5 on appdb. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...cation&iId=183

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Nope doesn't work, just spins for a bit and stops. Nothing launches, not even Wine and I right click on the application and tell it to start in Wine. Ugh.

Is there a native Linux web editor very close to Dreamweaver?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast