Thread: im glad the edge did not make it and here is why

Beans

Talking im glad the edge did not make it and here is why

You do not listen to the community about simple things like making Unity more usable and customizable. What makes you think we want to give you money for you to have another platform you refuse to listen to us on? I liked the old Gnome 2 UI you had, it set you apart from Windows and OS X. KDE looks like Windows and now Ubuntu looks like a cheap OS X ripoff. Not to mention the fact it looks like OS X and Star Trek had a baby and BAM Unity! It is kludgy and annoying to use, and anything we say to you to improve upon goes in one ear and out the other. If I wanted to be treated like this I would go back to Windows or go buy a Mac. I choose Linux because it is customizable.

I chose Ubuntu initially because it was different from everything else, and it worked very well. Now it is the polar oposite. You only want to follow your own vision and don't want to give us what we want, so ya know what when it came time to give you what you wanted, money for development, I did not listen to you. In fact I made it my sole purpose to make sure this very fact was heard by as many people as possible. I made videos on YouTube and posted in various forums about it. I actively boycotted the Ubuntu Edge because it would have been just another platform for you to NOT listen to us on. Another platform for you to say "we are following our vision whether you like it or not!"

Not only that by default Ubuntu sells my information to whoever wants it, in this case Amazon! And who knows who else!

So I hope this is a lesson to you all, maybe in the future you can shape up and begin listening to what we want again. Maybe, just maybe, I can use Ubuntu and have a good default fully supported professional desktop, not some cheap ripoff of another product.

>inb4 gnome 2 looked like OS X, no it did not, not even close

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: im glad the edge did not make it and here is why

Quote Originally Posted by chris60 View Post
    You do not listen to the community about simple things

You only want to follow your own vision and don't want to give us what we want

So I hope this is a lesson to you all

Who is the "you" that you are referring to? This is a forum of ordinary users such as yourself. You are talking to the wrong people. In fact your whole post is a medley of FUD and personal opinion that has been debated to death and beyond, and comes over as trollish.

If you wish to have a debate about any of these issues, please start a new thread, but without the melodrama.

Thread closed.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.