Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing R statistical package in Ubuntu 12.04.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Installing R statistical package in Ubuntu 12.04.2

If the thread is solved, does the OP know how to change status to "SOLVED"?

Beans

Re: Installing R statistical package in Ubuntu 12.04.2

I have subsequently installed R studio which is much more "friendly" than R. But this application seems to hang. I havent been able to spend as much time with R studio as I would have liked to, so I am unable to provide more details
    texaswriter, your mild rebuke is well taken. Yes the OP does know how to mark this thread as solved and indeed, has done so.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Cool Re: Installing R statistical package in Ubuntu 12.04.2

Quote Originally Posted by havtrouble View Post
    I have subsequently installed R studio which is much more "friendly" than R. But this application seems to hang. I havent been able to spend as much time with R studio as I would have liked to, so I am unable to provide more details
    R Studio is a front end to R, so it should have pulled everything in.

Can you be more specific about "hanging". I'd run it from a terminal, use project files and save often. You can report any bugs you have.

Quote Originally Posted by havtrouble View Post
    texaswriter, your mild rebuke is well taken. Yes the OP does know how to mark this thread as solved and indeed, has done so.
    I didn't mean that as a rebuke of any kind. If people are searching for solutions, they can use the past solutions. Obviously threads marked as solved more clearly state that this is a possible solution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12