Thread: [xubuntu] External monitor not detected using bumblebee on Lenovo y580.

Beans

[xubuntu] External monitor not detected using bumblebee on Lenovo y580.

Hello,

I've used my external monitor (connected via HDMI), with my Lenovo Y580 (bumblebee, nvidia GTX 660m) and it worked just fine. Then i disconnected the monitor and i couldn't make it work again (the display is not getting detected). I reinstalled everything from scratch (xubuntu 13.04 and latest stable bumblebee), and the monitor was working again for something like two weeks (with many reconnects). Yesterday I disconnected the monitor once again, and after that it's not getting detected. I would like to avoid reinstalling the whole system. I've searched for some solutions, but apparently I haven't find anything which is working. The issue seems a little bit nondeterministic for me, and tbh I'm helpless right know. Do you know any solutions?\

Thanks in advance,
    Kacper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: [xubuntu] External monitor not detected using bumblebee on Lenovo y580.

I have no understanding of this - just throwing in a guess that the card is getting disconnected from the system and the driver never knows to reconnect it and your display defaults to the on board graphics?

Beans

Re: [xubuntu] External monitor not detected using bumblebee on Lenovo y580.

Can I easily check which card is running atm, and is it possible to make external display work on both cards?