Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've returned and I'm better now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I've returned and I'm better now

My account was disabled for several months because I infracted upon the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. I had a medical issue that required hospitalization and I'm making very good progress in my recovery. I reviewed the code of conduct and I've had time off to reflect upon my illness and how to cope with my symptoms and I wanted to return to say that I'm doing much better in my life now. I've moved to Nutley, NJ in a supportive living housing environment in a large apartment with another room mate who I get along with quite well. This was about two months ago when I moved in. I'm happier and healthy now and my medication dosage level has increased so it's much more highly effective. I'm trying to be as general as possible in describing my condition in the public and I don't want to get too specific about it.

I've learned the importance of conviviality and being sociable with others. I'm making new friends fast and we're participating in social meetings and parties during this summer. Things are going well with my parents and me and my life has taken a dramatic improvement recently. I can say that I've put my past behind me, forgiven others for their wrongs against me, and I hold no grudges against anyone. I'm happier now and this is the best chapter in my life now.

I'm fully disabled and I'm retired and I like this new lifestyle a lot.

My plans for the future are to help my parents to move out of their home into their new apartment this weekend. Longer term, I plan to enjoy my new lifestyle and make more new friends at the local public library and coffee shop. I met my best friend at Starbucks out of all places and he's been a loyal friend to me.

I'm saving up 6 months of money for emergencies and I should reach my goal by the end of this year or I'll be really really close to hitting my mark. Beyond that, I'm paying off old debts quickly and I'm nearing the light at the end of the tunnel medically speaking and financially.

I'm thankful that my account is now active and I've learned some lessons about my medical condition. You don't know what you've lost until it's gone is very true. I rely on Ubuntu Forums to research specific technical problems and solutions and it's kind of hard to troubleshoot without this resource. I won't abuse my membership in the future.

I find that the people on Ubuntu Forums are a bit more helpful and friendly than other places including social media outlets. You can look me up using my real name Welly Wu if you wish to contact me or send me a friendship request or follow me. I've cleaned up my act in real life and online due to my ongoing treatment during recovery. One of the most salient aspects about Ubuntu Forums is how far strangers will go out of their way to try to understand me and my situation in order to help me. I like the fact that people here know their limitations on how they can help and they don't try to point me to chase paper dragons if they feel that they've reached their limits.

Finally, thank you. I know that this was a long post, but I felt it was necessary. I hope you don't flag this post as spam or report it to a moderator or administrator after having read it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: I've returned and I'm better now

Welcome back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Wu View Post
    My account was disabled for several months because I infracted upon the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. I had a medical issue that required hospitalization and I'm making very good progress in my recovery. I reviewed the code of conduct and I've had time off to reflect upon my illness and how to cope with my symptoms and I wanted to return to say that I'm doing much better in my life now. I've moved to Nutley, NJ in a supportive living housing environment in a large apartment with another room mate who I get along with quite well. This was about two months ago when I moved in. I'm happier and healthy now and my medication dosage level has increased so it's much more highly effective. I'm trying to be as general as possible in describing my condition in the public and I don't want to get too specific about it.
    Firstly, welcome back! It's always splendid to hear that people are making progress, especially the extremely positive progress like you just described. Seems like things are taking a nice turn for you, and that's always an excellent thing to be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Wu View Post
    I find that the people on Ubuntu Forums are a bit more helpful and friendly than other places including social media outlets. You can look me up using my real name Welly Wu if you wish to contact me or send me a friendship request or follow me. I've cleaned up my act in real life and online due to my ongoing treatment during recovery. One of the most salient aspects about Ubuntu Forums is how far strangers will go out of their way to try to understand me and my situation in order to help me. I like the fact that people here know their limitations on how they can help and they don't try to point me to chase paper dragons if they feel that they've reached their limits.
    I can definitely relate here. I'm a member of a long of FOSS and Ubuntu related communities and the quality of the support and discussions on many of the third-party communities and social media outlets just are lacking when compared to the official Ubuntu hubs.

Beans

I wish you success on your new way and furthermore much health.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thank you all for the well wishes. I hope that I will be productive and fruitful upon my return.

I'll practice due diligence to be in full compliance with the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and the acceptable terms of usage in the long term future.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome back and it is heartening to hear your tale of a journey which has no doubt required strength, bravery, compassion and a good deal of self-reflection on your part. Takes a big effort to see it through and it looks like you're doing that. Keep the ball rolling and all the best in the future, both here and in life generally.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; August 20th, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome back and congratulations. It sounds like you have weathered a storm and made it safely to the shore.
    My personal philosophy is that the solution to a problem is the awareness that you have one.
    Keep well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Welcome back, Welly Wu.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

No offense, but in my own life I've found that stepping away from computers in general and then returning on a limited basis is probably the best way to find this balance you are looking for.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Welcome back. It is always good to know the real "self" (aatma)
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast