Thread: Wireless Driver for RT

Beans

Wireless Driver for RT

hello i upgraded from windows to ubuntu from a friends advice and i took it right now i dont regret it but there is a proplem my wireless driver doesnt seem to be working i need help installing and/or enabling it so please help me i need this working thanks in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wireless Driver for RT

It would help if you told us the version of Ubuntu you are using and the specifcations of your computer. How do you know the wireless driver is not working? What have you done to try to get wireless access to the router.

When we install Ubuntu we are asked to confirm that there was an Internet connection? Did you install with an Internet connection? Did you tick to install updates at the same time as Ubuntu was installed? Did you get any error messages? When you load Ubuntu do you get an message saying Wireless access points are available or something like that?

Answers to these questions would help us understand the situation. All I can offer now is

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...eShootingGuide

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

well i tried to connect to internet while installing didnt work and when i click on networking there isnt wireless i tried to install tons of programs im also on 12.10

Beans

hello please help me o.o i need wifi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

You still haven't answered grahammechanical's first question.
    What are the specs of your computer, or simply what model is it?

Beans

never mind i fixed it by updating into 13.04 raring ringtail if thats the name but i still have an issue it connects to Wi-Fi then when i reboot the PC it asks me for the Wi-Fi password and i enter it and it keeps getting me in a loop i have a toshiba satellite C850-B215

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless.