Thread: HD Video is in Standard Definition in Flash

Beans

HD Video is in Standard Definition in Flash

When I try to watch HD video on the web, everything seems to be in standard definition. Videos that I download and watch on VLC are in HD, but flash videos do not seem to want to play in HD. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 on a ASUS ET2411INKI-B011K 23.6-Inch All-in-One Desktop The problem is especially apparent on NBC Sports Live Extra. The English Premier League streams are supposed to be in HD, but the picture quality looks worse than a standard definition television. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried the three different proprietary driver versions available in the additional drivers thing.

Edit: It seems that NBC Sports Live Extra is not supposed to be in true HD. The problem still exists on YouTube and other videos. 1080p flash video does not look 1080p. Everything looks like 480p.
    Last edited by kmoneylongshanks; August 18th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.

Beans

Re: HD Video is in Standard Definition in Flash

It may be a stupid question but did you choose the hd options? Youtube is defaulted to the lowest resolution. While I usually don't use flash on Youtube I have no problem setting my resolution when I do use it.