Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to Grub!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Welcome to Grub!

I am also noticing a Loading 'Ubuntu' message while the Grub background image is still on screen. It appears before the sparse file error message (which we get when using btrfs). I take this Loading Ubuntu message as an indication that Grub has located its grub.cfg file and has read it. I think that the loading Grub message would stay on screen longer if Grub could not locate grub.cfg. I wonder what message we would get if Grub could not find the partition the kernel was on or the kernel. I am not about to deliberately break a working install to find out. Perhaps this is all to do with Grub being more informative when things go wrong other than a Grub Rescue message.

Regards.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; August 21st, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    After a fresh install and upgrade of all files I get this displayed on my screen:

Grub is Loading ..
    Welcome to Grub!

Anyone else?

I know it's not much but maybe there is still more fireworks to come LOL
    That's normal behavior, back when 7.04, 8.04 were released it did the same thing so it's nothing to worry about.
    | Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I am also noticing a Loading 'Ubuntu' message while the Grub background image is still on screen. It appears before the sparse file error message (which we get when using btrfs). I take this Loading Ubuntu message as an indication that Grub has located its grub.cfg file and has read it. I think that the loading Grub message would stay on screen longer if Grub could not locate grub.cfg. I wonder what message we would get if Grub could not find the partition the kernel was on or the kernel. I am not about to deliberately break a working install to find out. Perhaps this is all to do with Grub being more informative when things go wrong other than a Grub Rescue message.

Regards.
    It will drop you to the grub terminal.
    | Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post

Regards.
    I had two installs where I had to use the grub rescue disk so far. I am not sure if it is due to the new Grub updates and those were on installs of ext4 + btrfs partitions, of course, btrfs getting bumped.
    This is Convergence
    Ubuntu Development Version Testing Blog Remarks
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12