i have an issue with my dell laptop. It works fine on windows (which i hate). My mouse freezes and/or becomes laggy to the point to which its unusable. it isn't a system resource issue (although it look as if it was one).
Sometimes the mouse stops altogether, but i can move about the menus with my keyboard. i have check settings and FN buttons etc etc.
i have also tried different version of ubuntu based distros with the same results;
the issue also occurs in a live enviroment and when i'm installing the OS.
The spec is as follows; (with 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB)
Thanks in advance.
i'm wishing to run ubuntu 64bit (i have that installed at the moment)
- Packaged Quantity1.0
- System TypeNotebook
- OS ProvidedMicrosoft Windows Vista? Home Basic SP2, 32-bit, No media
- Notebook typeMid-size laptops (6-7.5 lbs.),
- Screen typeWidescreen
- Wireless capabilitiesIEEE 802.11g,
Processor / Chipset
- CPUIntel Core 2 Duo P8400 / 2.26 GHz
- CacheL2 cache - 1.0 MB
- Front Side Bus667.0 MHz
- ChipsetMobile Intel GM45 Express
- RAM2.0 GB ( 1 x 1 GB )
- Max RAM Supported4.0 GB
- TechnologyDDR2 SDRAM
- Speed800.0 MHz
- Slots Qty2
- Floppy DriveNone
- Hard Drive160.0 GB HDD / 5400.0 rpm
- InterfaceSerial ATA-300
- Storage RemovableNone
- Optical DriveDVD+/-RW - Fixed
- Read Speed8X
- Optical Drive (2nd)None
- Hard drive typePortable