Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 - sometimes can't make screenshot

Beans

Ubuntu 13.04 - sometimes can't make screenshot

Hello,

I'm using ubuntu 13.04 x64 with unity. I have installed bumblebee support for my nvidia gf310m card. However when I try to make a screenshot (doesn't matter - shutter, default gnome utility, or even my own application in qt) sometimes i get blank file. When I get blank file once I must restart my system because I will be unable to make a proper screenshot. It's unrelated to screen capturing software.

Thank you for any help. (:

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 - sometimes can't make screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by dsmilgin89 View Post
    Hello,

I'm using ubuntu 13.04 x64 with unity. I have installed bumblebee support for my nvidia gf310m card. However when I try to make a screenshot (doesn't matter - shutter, default gnome utility, or even my own application in qt) sometimes i get blank file. When I get blank file once I must restart my system because I will be unable to make a proper screenshot. It's unrelated to screen capturing software.

Thank you for any help. (:
    Are you sure it's not saving a screenshot in PNG file format in your home directory? With Lubuntu 13.04 that I use when I hit the Print Screen key it takes a screenshot and saves it to a PNG file. Not sure if that's just Lubuntu specific or if it's like that with all the other *buntu distributions.

Beans

Yes it saves the screenshot to png file in pictures folder, but as I mentioned sometimes the png file id empty. In my Application witch add an watermark to screenshot only watermark is visible in screenshot file. (;

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by dsmilgin89 View Post
    Yes it saves the screenshot to png file in pictures folder, but as I mentioned sometimes the png file id empty. In my Application witch add an watermark to screenshot only watermark is visible in screenshot file. (;
    Maybe it's an issue with your video drivers? Because I don't think the screenshot file should be empty/blank.

Beans

It didn't happened before - both on debian and fedora. So I doubt it is a video driver problem. (:

Beans
    Hidden!

I don't use bumblebee, but I do use scrot for "screenies"
    I mapped a command
    Code:
    scrot -q 50 '/home/jj/Pictures/screenshots/PrintScreen_%m %d %T.png'
    to Print key.

HTH.
    If you want things you've never had, you have to do things you've never done.