Thread: no connection after install of Ubuntu 10.04

Beans

no connection after install of Ubuntu 10.04

Although I have tried the network cable on both win 8 and linux 10.04 at the time of install I had a connection. But now there is no connection after install of Ubuntu 10.04. I have searched information sites including this one and many on the internet, but no clear cut answer for the fix. I have gone to the Network Tools to try ping but nothing. I have tried ifconfig see eth0 - link encap Ethernet with information about no packets being sent or received. What are my next step for updates and other information?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: no connection after install of Ubuntu 10.04

10.04 has reached EOL so it is no longer supported, which means you can only download update and packages from the archive and they will be out of date so your system will be vulnerable to security attacks.

I recommend you upgrade to 12.04LTS for stability and 5 year support or you can upgrade to 13.04 for the latest.
    Thanks

Beans

Thanks Wild Man, I saw someone installed 12.04LTS on a PIII, I'll try it and see how it goes. I'll check back with you later.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

well this could also be because of propitiatory drivers i know when i first came to linux on ubuntu 12.04 i had the hardest time getting b43 drivers set up for my pc now its just a breeze.