Thread: Unable to update OS

Beans

Unable to update OS

I try to update using

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    I get this

Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies: linux-image-generic-pae : Depends: linux-image-3.2.0-44-generic-pae but it is not installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
    I run

Code:
    sudo apt-get upgrade -f
    and i get this

Code:
    Extracting templates from packages: 100%Preconfiguring packages ...
    (Reading database ... 310176 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking linux-image-3.2.0-51-generic-pae (from .../linux-image-3.2.0-51-generic-pae_3.2.0-51.77_i386.deb) ...
    Done.
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-3.2.0-51-generic-pae_3.2.0-51.77_i386.deb (--unpack):
     failed in write on buffer copy for backend dpkg-deb during `./boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-51-generic-pae': No space left on device
    No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
                                                                  dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Examining /etc/kernel/postrm.d .
    run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postrm.d/initramfs-tools 3.2.0-51-generic-pae /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-51-generic-pae
    run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postrm.d/zz-update-grub 3.2.0-51-generic-pae /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-51-generic-pae
    Preparing to replace linux-firmware 1.79.4 (using .../linux-firmware_1.79.6_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement linux-firmware ...
    Preparing to replace libc-bin 2.15-0ubuntu10.3 (using .../libc-bin_2.15-0ubuntu10.4_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement libc-bin ...
    Processing triggers for man-db ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-3.2.0-51-generic-pae_3.2.0-51.77_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    I have tried to delete the old kernels and I have tried to install gparted so I can increase the size of /boot put it always errors and comes comes down to the unmet dependencies

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Unable to update OS

Code:
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-3.2.0-51-generic-pae_3.2.0-51.77_i386.deb (--unpack):  failed in write on buffer copy for backend dpkg-deb during `./boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-51-generic-pae': No space left on device
    Thats saying you have not removed the old kernels. Have a look here:

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?...ch&cof=FORID:9