Thread: Anyone use Guake with Unity, tiny pixel gap at screen edge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Anyone use Guake with Unity, tiny pixel gap at screen edge

I've only just decided to give Unity another trial after pretty much the full 2 years away from it. A minor aesthetic niggle I have when using Guake is that there is a strip of maybe a couple of pixels at the sides of the screen that Guake doesn't cover, (as per screenie)
    Does anyone else have this issue?

Regards
    Mark

EDIT: Okay so the low quality screenshot doesn't really help, especially against a white background but basically there is a small gap of a couple of pixels at each edge of the screen that the Guake terminal doesn't cover, where anything underneath shows through
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CaptainMark; August 21st, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Catch me on Freenode - imark

Beans

Re: Anyone use Guake with Unity, tiny pixel gap at screen edge

I've solved the same problem with Guake with following steps:
    1) Added Guake into ~/.config/autostart (I've got some sizing problems when starting it from gnome terminal)
    2) Replaced <property name="decorated">False</property> with <property name="decorated">True</property> in /usr/share/guake/guake.glade
    3) Disabled decoration for guake window in window decoration section in CompizConfig Settings Manager

Now I have no annoying one pixel gap between opened guake and launcher panel, and I'm able to resize guake window exactly to the bottom of the screen