Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 7 cannot Install, 'missing driver...' - Gazp9

Beans

Re: Windows 7 cannot Install, 'missing driver...'

Quote Originally Posted by jaime3 View Post
    Did Window 7 detected all you're hard drive? I am thinking about getting this laptop that you have. How does it run Window 7 vs ur Linux os? I have a Acer and Ubuntu is slower then Window and Ubuntu slower then Window 7. Ty
    It detected all drives perfectly...

It runs Windows 7 and all others OS's the old fashioned traditional way, in other words PERFECTLY!!!

When it starts you can enter, BIOS setup OR choose to boot from the other devices...

Both Windows and Linux ran at the exact same flawless speeds, both booted within seconds, both in my mind ran without any feeling of hesitation, as if the notebook was designed for both worlds.

I multibooted with Windows 7, Kubuntu 13.04 and ubuntu 13.04 and the drivers supplied work perfectly well!

I would recommend this notebook to you...

The problem I had was a 'me' problem, because my Windows 7 media was not in perfect original working order...

I got the IPS Matte screen, and its worth it!

I'm not a big fan of unity and I normally think it's ugly and bulky, BUT on a screen this size and high resolution, it actually looks pretty spectacular and not bulky at all as it normally appears that I've found on lower resolutions.

Last edited by Steven Bell; August 23rd, 2013 at 05:04 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Bell View Post
    It detected all drives perfectly...

It runs Windows 7 and all others OS's the old fashioned traditional way, in other words PERFECTLY!!!

When it starts you can enter, BIOS setup OR choose to boot from the other devices...

Both Windows and Linux ran at the exact same flawless speeds, both booted within seconds, both in my mind ran without any feeling of hesitation, as if the notebook was designed for both worlds.

I multibooted with Windows 7, Kubuntu 13.04 and ubuntu 13.04 and the drivers supplied work perfectly well!

I would recommend this notebook to you...

The problem I had was a 'me' problem, because my Windows 7 media was not in perfect original working order...

I got the IPS Matte screen, and its worth it!

I'm not a big fan of unity and I normally think it's ugly and bulky, BUT on a screen this size and high resolution, it actually looks pretty spectacular and not bulky at all as it normally appears that I've found on lower resolutions.

Do you play Urban Terror? If so what is the FPS under Linux?

Beans

I don't play that game, actually I've never played any game's since Amiga (like 20+ years), BUT I got 10 of the latest games for windows 7 to try,
    I bought only 4gb of ram, and most games seemed fine on 'normal' and low settings, and only a few on very high, very mixed performance for me
    BUT THIS IS NO WAY OF REVIEW QUALITY - I did read online that games ran well set on low for HD graphics in the past, but I believe this one is better than it predecessors
    Because I am no way a gamer, and obviously to me I have absolutely no experience in knowing what to look for.

It think I will have to get an external mouse, and wondering if people play games fine on a touchpad?
    Not bad to me as this was just going to be a workstation in the beginning,
    Price wise, it's a real bargain for my uses.
    For games Il'd love the Bonobo Extreme of course

Hope someone else who does play games can comment on this gazp9 model...
    Last edited by Steven Bell; August 23rd, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Bell View Post
    I don't play that game, actually I've never played any game's since Amiga (like 20+ years), BUT I got 10 of the latest games for windows 7 to try,
    I bought only 4gb of ram, and most games seemed fine on 'normal' and low settings, and only a few on very high, very mixed performance for me
    BUT THIS IS NO WAY OF REVIEW QUALITY - I did read online that games ran well set on low for HD graphics in the past, but I believe this one is better than it predecessors
    Because I am no way a gamer, and obviously to me I have absolutely no experience in knowing what to look for.

It think I will have to get an external mouse, and wondering if people play games fine on a touchpad?
    Not bad to me as this was just going to be a workstation in the beginning,
    Price wise, it's a real bargain for my uses.
    For games Il'd love the Bonobo Extreme of course

Hope someone else who does play games can comment on this gazp9 model...
    LOL yea that Bonobo Extreme is crazy laptop have you seen the powersupply? It's huge like crazy huge. Anyway's thanks for you're opinion. Ever did VM on you're laptop under linux? How it run? Oh but you only have 4gb of
    ram well its very possible to run VM. Give us more information when you run latest games. I want really to stay with one os which Ubuntu on this laptop that you have and use virtual box or vmware and run probably xp and Window 8 in it for program that cant run on wine. I wont worry much about games but would like that able to play Urban terror and other open source on the lappy without running dual boot. Frame per second is higher on Windows. But I'm tired of Windows due to security. But I doubt I can sneak away without using Window. Window just work perfect. Oh how high can u go on youtube without video lag? Ty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12