Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 cannot Install, 'missing driver...' - Gazp9

Beans

Windows 7 cannot Install, 'missing driver...' - Gazp9

I have the Gazp9,

Whenever I try to install Windows 7, and click "Install Windows" it immediately displays 'that the dvd driver is missing and asking me to browse for it'

How do I Install Windows 7 please?

P.s. Installing via USB and I don't have a DVD drive.
    Last edited by Steven Bell; August 8th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

prodigy_ is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans

Re: Windows 7 cannot Install, 'missing driver...' - Gazp9

This is probably caused by SATA configuration in BIOS. If your SATA ports are in RAID or ACHI mode, you might need to download additional drivers from your motherboard vendor website and put them on a USB stick (or make your own Win 7 installation DVD with those drivers integrated).

Alternatively you can change BIOS configuration (switch the SATA port your DVD drive connected to to IDE mode).
    Last edited by prodigy_; August 8th, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This almost sounds like a faulty installation medium. How did you create a bootable flash drive from the Windows ISO?
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

I'll go and check it,

maybe because I used 'k3b' and 'winusb' application via ubuntu (I may have probably done something silly), I have now downloaded the Microsoft Windows 7 USB program via Windows, and will give that a try... And will let you know ...
    Last edited by Steven Bell; August 8th, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Windows ISOs are very different from Linux ISOs, and have to be written differently from them if you're writing to USB.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

I just noticed that my username has been changed to my full name and I cannot change it back, have already notified support...??? OMG!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello!

With regard to your username, please start a thread in the Resolution Centre and the Admins will help you sort it out.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Yes you're right, I have already done so, thanks (through support at the ubuntu one site)... I think I rushed the new ubuntu re-login phase...

Beans

Re: Windows 7 cannot Install, 'missing driver...'

Success!!!

My media was of course the problem (phew), windows installed just fine (multiboot).

How I solved this kind of problem you wonder, http://wintoflash.com/home/en/, I used this freeware on windows, (it comes with spam software, bars and advertisements) they deserve a donation!

Unetbootin, winusb etc. did'nt do it, and so many other programs I tried, I am indeed impressed with this software, very different approach, they only needed the windows files and not necessarily the image, works with scratched media, lol...
    Last edited by Steven Bell; August 17th, 2013 at 03:32 AM.

Beans

Re: Windows 7 cannot Install, 'missing driver...'

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Bell View Post
    Success!!!

My media was of course the problem (phew), windows installed just fine (multiboot).

How I solved this kind of problem you wonder, http://wintoflash.com/home/en/, I used this freeware on windows, (it comes with spam software, bars and advertisements) they deserve a donation!

Unetbootin, winusb etc. did'nt do it, and so many other programs I tried, I am indeed impressed with this software, very different approach, they only needed the windows files and not necessarily the image, works with scratched media, lol...

Did Window 7 detected all you're hard drive? I am thinking about getting this laptop that you have. How does it run Window 7 vs ur Linux os? I have a Acer and Ubuntu is slower then Window and Ubuntu slower then Window 7. Ty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast