Thread: Backing up my entire ubuntu setup question

Beans

Question Backing up my entire ubuntu setup question

Hi. I have Ubuntu 13.04 and I want to backup my entire ubuntu OS and files, programs, and put them on an ISO. But I want the ISO to be bootable and to allow me to reinstall Ubuntu with everything how it is now. I know there is backup features, but I have everything the way I want it, so if my Ubuntu stops working, I want the optino to just quickly re-install and continue. anyone want to help me with this process? Remastersys says my setup is to large. Am I doing this wrong? I tell it to backup everything.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Backing up my entire ubuntu setup question

How big is your ubuntu install and all your files?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanp2 View Post
    But I want the ISO to be bootable and to allow me to reinstall Ubuntu with everything how it is now.
    Why not try Clonezilla to clone your entire hard drive. Then restore it CloneZilla too. I'm not sure if it would be bootable though.

Beans

Re: Backing up my entire ubuntu setup question

I will check it out. But the whole point is I want to be able to have an installable ubuntu ISO with my file, almost like a custom made Ubuntu to pop on a flash drive and install.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Backing up my entire ubuntu setup question

[QUOTE=nerdtron;12749381]How big is your ubuntu install and all your files?

It was 34GB. I just checked it. Thought it was smaller. ): Guess I should have checked that first.