Thread: LiveUsb gives "(intiramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system"

Beans
    Hidden!

LiveUsb gives "(intiramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system"

Hi
    In a LiveUsb session (with persistence) i updated using
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    but it seemed to get stuck doing the "linux headers". The whole system froze-up. Prolly because i had too many things open a the same time. I couldn't even get a command-line to open to allow me to run
    sudo reboot
    or anything.

So, i had to force the notepad to shut-down by holding the on/off button.

Now the LiveUsb-stick wont boot-up and gets stuck on a command-line saying

"
    BusyBox v1.20.2 (Ubuntu 1:1.20.0-8ubuntu1) built-in shell (ash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(intiramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system
    "

Is there any easy way to get the Usb-stick working again or will i get need to start from scratch again?
    Regards from
    Tom

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: LiveUsb gives "(intiramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system"

Hi
    Ooops, my first post was very confused. I doubt this will improve matters much! The LiveUsb was using Ubuntu 13.04, 64bit but i doubt it makes much difference if it was something completely different.

I have a 2nd 8Gb Usb-stick so i am wondering if i could make that a LiveUsb and then just copy&paste the initramfs from the new one onto the older one? Is that likely to blow-up my machine or create problems?

Regards from
    Tom

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Re: LiveUsb gives "(intiramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system"

Hi
    Ooops, my first post was very confused. I doubt this will improve matters much! The LiveUsb was using Ubuntu 13.04, 64bit but i doubt it makes much difference if it was something completely different.

I have a 2nd 8Gb Usb-stick so i am wondering if i could make that a LiveUsb and then just copy&paste the initramfs from the new one onto the older one? Is that likely to blow-up my machine or create problems?

Regards from
    Tom

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: LiveUsb gives "(intiramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system"

Hi
    WOW!! That was unbelievable! I made a LiveUsb from another Usb-stick that was only a tiny bit smaller than the one causing me troubles.

Then i dug through the folders and found the init file and dragged that onto the broken Usb-stick.

Ta'dahhh, as if by magic the broken Usb-stick started working!
    Regards from
    Tom