Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum login - no remember me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Is it possible to login to forum automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    If you had your browser open that doesn't count. Closed down and come back ... it still required a log in through OSS.

Time with patience --- I'm sure they will get it fixed.

Well.. no .. it is not logging me out anymore like it did. I can stay on line .. go do something else (which I have been doing all day) and I am not bumped anymore, so I don't really have to log back in. I can then close an ubuntuforums tab. reopen it and I am back online.

however .. I'll try a re-boot... but just a note .. I never close my browser or my tabs. A versatile thing about ff and Ubuntu, on re-boot and I am right back where I was.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Ok .. I rebooted and of course had to log on with SSO (no remember me option) but then I closed the tab and reopened a new tab with UbuntuForums and it remembered me, no click SSO. It was not doing this before .. plus it was bumping off after about 2 minutes of inactivity.

Regards..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Like a lot of users, I do not keep my browser permanently open and have no intention of doing so; when I have finished browsing I close it down, but leave my xubuntu session running. At the next start of my browser (note; just the browser, not a new xubuntu session or reboot) I have to jump through the same SSO login hoops again, which as I said previously was not required with the "remember me" option available previously.

Beans

New forum login - no remember me?

So this may be a dumb question but it wasn't stated anywhere that I can see, will we get an auto login back? Quite annoying having to re-login everytime.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: New forum login - no remember me?

Moved to FFH.
    As per the new login method, as long as you are logged into UOne in your browser session, you can return to the forums without login in again.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

That also has no stay logged in function, this is a major drawback of this new login system.

Are there plans to allow us to stay logged in? I fear this will make a few people move.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I believe so, but it is not very high on the pile because there are other more urgent things that need to be taken care of.
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    I believe so, but it is not very high on the pile because there are other more urgent things that need to be taken care of.
    C'mon, having to log in everytime we visit this site is an absolute PITA. Surely somebody please tell me this is a high priority issue?

I don't know of any other forum which forces you through such a rigmarole every time you visit.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Please read these :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164064
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164051

It is part of the new login process that was setup after the forums were compromised.
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I think we all know WHY this was instituted. Nevertheless, logging in each time is an UNNECESSARY precaution to protect the forum userbase. At least in my opinion. There are far more popular forums who've been hacked and or compromised in the past. NONE of them force their users to log in each time they arrive. It makes NO SENSE AT ALL that if I leave the forums and come back a few minutes later, I'm forced to log in again. Quite ludicrous.

Just my 2 cents. Not trying to be confrontational with any of the forum mods.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast