Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum login - no remember me?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: New forum login - no remember me?

If you, and the rest of the forum administrators, feel that 24 hours isn't long enough for the "Remember Me" feature please file a ticket to have it increased.
    Appears that we'll need to do this. No idea of time scale I'm afraid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Appears that we'll need to do this. No idea of time scale I'm afraid.
    It's been almost a year since your message. The "remember me" is still missing functionality. I have to go through a hoop every time I log on. This used to be one of my top sites. It's very low on the list at this time, because of this lack of functionality. This is the only site at all that I visit that doesn't have a functioning remember feature.

I use Ubuntu and strongly promote it. But the support is lacking because of the skewed/lack of functioning remember me. I'm sure many people are not getting their topics updated because they don't feel like going through the hoop of logging in to pick up from where they left off. They are reading recent messages... threads not being marked because they are not logged in, and the community is loosing.

Seeing that Ubuntu is the cutting edge of OS' it's extremely baffling to me that the IT forum administrators can't get a industry standard remember me.

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    ljames@apollo3.com
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Beans

Couldn't agree more. I practically never visit now due to going through like...what 4 screens to login every damned time?

It ruined the experience for me, and since this became an issue I saw much less people posting, so the forum is dying.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by apollothethird View Post
    It's been almost a year since your message. The "remember me" is still missing functionality. I have to go through a hoop every time I log on. This used to be one of my top sites. It's very low on the list at this time, because of this lack of functionality. This is the only site at all that I visit that doesn't have a functioning remember feature.

I use Ubuntu and strongly promote it. But the support is lacking because of the skewed/lack of functioning remember me. I'm sure many people are not getting their topics updated because they don't feel like going through the hoop of logging in to pick up from where they left off. They are reading recent messages... threads not being marked because they are not logged in, and the community is loosing.

Seeing that Ubuntu is the cutting edge of OS' it's extremely baffling to me that the IT forum administrators can't get a industry standard remember me.

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    ljames@apollo3.com
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames
    We asked, they'd do no more.

We don't want SSO anymore than you but we can do no more.

Take it up with IS yourself - see if you can get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I practically never visit now due to going through like...what 4 screens to login every damned time?

It ruined the experience for me, and since this became an issue I saw much less people posting, so the forum is dying.
    From a logged out state the most screens I see when logging in here is 3 - and that includes having to login to admincp seperately.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

I practically never visit now due to going through like...what 4 screens to login every damned time?
    I you want to be taken seriously, it's best not to exaggerate.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Well I get 4, as I have to keep authorising my details instead of just logging in, this time I tried it and I only got 3, but that must be because of how recently i authorised my email.

It's a pita having to keep doing it, hell I removed my bookmark and only come when i get a reply I'm subscribed to now. Every other forum/site I visit has this ability. It's a joke.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I you want to be taken seriously, it's best not to exaggerate.
    I'm really not, and the other staff member above also confirmed they get 3 screens, I seem to get one more as my other post notes.
    <snip>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

After many years as a happy Ubuntu user, I too have moved on from Ubuntu. The main trigger was the change to Unity but my second reason was the hassle of maintaining an active forum logon, making participation in the forums more of a pain than it should be!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I'm really not, and the other staff member above also confirmed they get 3 screens, I seem to get one more as my other post notes.
    <snip>
    I get 3 - and I have to use to login to admincp - I know for fact you don't.

If I login with my test user - I see 1 screen.

What are these 4 screens?

Screenshots perhaps will help us understand you.

Beans

Fine, here's 3 shots of what happens, 5 if you count having to click login in the first place from the main page, since you shouldn't even have to do that, you should just be able to come back logged in and go about your business.

So it's forum -> redirect -> authorise - > another redirect -> forum -> can finally do what i wanted to

Here's a link to 3 pics of the middle sections which I shouldn't have to do:
    http://imgur.com/z39DmxW,9OZKzDD,sY3jft1

The fact that I am having to do this is also a joke. You guys know it's an issue and it's an extremely simple feature to have.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast