Thread: SSO login refuses to use my old account email address

GxQ6cAP is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

SSO login refuses to use my old account email address

I've been trying to create an account on Ubuntu One using the email address associated with my old login as explained here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164051
    the issue is that SSO is refusing to use that address saying it is not available or something like that,and I've even received this message at that email address
    We've received a request to create a new account with your_email@gmail.com, however an account is already registered with this email address.

If this was you, and you've forgotten your password, please visit this address to reset it:

https://login.ubuntu.com/+forgot_password

If it wasn't you, no need to worry. Your account is safe and there is nothing you need to do.

Thank you,

The Ubuntu One team
    https://login.ubuntu.com/

(BTW,is this email message legit?)

Clearly,something went wrong:I'm 100% sure that this was the email address used for registration on the old forum,and come to that even creating this temporary new account (using another email address) to post this question wasn't smooth sailing at all:in the end I only managed to get this working by unchecking my registration name and getting this random new user name GxQ6cAP.

Back to my original question,how can we please fix this ? My username was cogset with my original account,if other info is needed to fix the issue and have my original ubuntu forums account correctly linked to the SSO login using my original registration email address,please let me know.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: SSO login refuses to use my old account email address

99% of the time, there is a difference between the old/new email accounts. I sent an email to the profile email address.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Yes,that is the email address linked to my "old" account,and also the one I've used while attempting to create an account on SSO linked to that "old" account,as per Login now by means of Ubuntu One SSO only instructions,

I'll give it another shot later on and see if it works this time,hopefully.

Beans

Well,still no joy:the exact message is This email address cannot be used .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

PM me with the exact email address registered to the cogset account. Is that a disabled email account? That might explain the message you are seeing.

Whatever, we can do this another way, but we need to be sure you are the registrant of the original account, which is why you need to tell me the cogset email address.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

PM sent-and yes,I can reassure you it is a valid email address.