Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you supporting the Ubuntu Edge campaign?

Beans

Re: Are you supporting the Ubuntu Edge campaign?

I have pledged for a phone. Wish Canonical can work some magic and rescue the campaign.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Re: Are you supporting the Ubuntu Edge campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by GGG83kf View Post
    I have pledged for a phone. Wish Canonical can work some magic and rescue the campaign.
    As do I,but I just think they bit off more than they can chew.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I purchased the $625 perk. Still hoping that somehow they'll will reach their goal.
    I would have thought that this community would give a lot more response to the campaign. Maybe the forum downtime has something to do with this?

Beans

The Ubuntu Edge is completely irrelevant to me, so i'm not supporting it with pledges.
    I'm sure the whole thing is just a wild pipe dream anyway and will not bear fruit.

Ta

Beans

Bloomberg has just bought in. Like Mark said, "You never know what might pop up."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

30% reached, and still 10 days to go...
    It's getting more & more difficult to reach the goal, but who knows what'll happen

Beans

fwiw, i pitched in at $725 a few days ago.
    right now, I think this thing isn't going to happen ( ) unless Canonical or some other entity has a major trick up their sleeve, but I feel it's necessary to make as big an effort as possible regardless. It certainly won't fail because I didn't try.

even if you can't afford the whole phone right now, if you'd like this to happen, at least pitch in with a symbolic amount to get your vote in, so to speak.
    It's a GIANT MUSHROOM... MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY!

Beans

even if you can't afford the whole phone right now, if you'd like this to happen, at least pitch in with a symbolic amount to get your vote in, so to speak.
    Give my hard earned money so rich people can get expensive phones? Hmmmmm.... No. Maybe if they'd stuck to their guns and made a phone "For Human Beings" then I'd be more willing to help.

Beans

I find it sad there are (so) few people with vision. Plenty however, who are more than willing to participate in using "free" operating software and the applications built for it. Where do they think it comes from? Out of thin air? Time, effort, and money go into it, yet those who expend the effort to benefit others, don't ask for compensation.

The Ubuntu Edge is visionary. I'm glad to be part of that vision. If it weren't for pioneers, new frontiers would never be found or explored.
    Last edited by Snowhog; August 12th, 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Beans

I don't have any problem with what they're doing; in fact, I think it could be pretty cool. I just don't have any reason to buy such a device. I still use a dumbphone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast