Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SSO login general chat thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Login now by means of Ubuntu One SSO only

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Your browser still saves your SSO details, so it's just a matter of clicking the log in button, waiting for it to continue to the SSO login page, and your done, if I remember correctly, probably 3 clicks.
    Actually four clicks instead of one:

Before:

1. Click on a UbuntuForums bookmark that takes me to my settings page

Now:

1. Click on a UbuntuForums bookmark that would have taken me to my settings page
    2. Reach a page saying "Login has changed. Please read BEFORE logging in!". Hunt for "Login with SSO" and click
    3. Reach a page saying "Personal Data Request". Click "Yes log me in"
    4. Reach UbuntuForums home page. Hunt for "Settings" and click

So that's 3 more clicks; including two hunting for things that are in the corners...

• Page 2) is totally unecessary for people with cookies from login.unbuntu.org. They already know.
    • Page 3) why? Any use case where someone connect to login.ubuntu.com with cookies and doesn't want to login?
    • Page 4) The original target URL could be forwarded so that login redirects to it.

Beans

I try to choose the preffered e-mail adress, but when I type in (under manage e-mail adresses) I get a message saying the adress I'm trying to attach to the account, allready is associated with the account. But I cannot chose this adress as preferred. What do I do wrong?

Beans

The login procedure has to be done once per browser session. More clicks than before but not at all a big deal. I can live with it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hello, I just discovered after having logged out of the forum, my SSO account still is logged in. After having logged out from the forum I also should be logged out from my SSO account.

Beans

Hi - instead of Ubuntu One linking to my original Forums account I have been given a new account. (I'm now watgrad2, used to be watgrad)
    Ubuntu One uses a different email address that what I used to use here...is there a way to link my old account?
    Last edited by watgrad2; August 1st, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

Beans

Oh well. I lost everything, including my username. I have never really used Ubuntu One as I have always found the idea of "the cloud" anathema to security, but am now forced to sign in to a service I do not use nor ever will. Looks to me like fixing a problem by adding more of the same. A classic bureaucratic response to an attack.

Beans

Angry Re: Login now by means of Ubuntu One SSO only

You're totally right, and not to mention the inhability to merge your account if you happen to not remember which one of the 2 e-mails you have with Ubuntu SSO where the one you used in the forum, which is my case.

So I have an account registered back in 2005 ( http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=33450 ) and i cannot access it, instead I'm here as a newly registered user, with 0 posts and a few minutes old.

Really, this is a mess: not only the forums got hacked and taken offline for a long time, but the solution they provide now is a real headache.

Edit: i was trying to reply to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post12738961

BTW, The forum software now believes at any time that i'm editing a reply, though I havnt touched the form. I found this misbehaviour of the forum disturbing.
    Last edited by versvs2; August 1st, 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

For those of you who believe you have lost your original accounts, you have not. Please note that I have not. I simply matched my Ubuntu One preferred email with my UF account's email when first logging in.

Please start a new thread in the Resolution Centre and provide the Admins with your original account name and they will help you properly associate your original account with your Ubuntu One login.

If you do not remember your original UF email, the Admins will help you with that.
    Last edited by QIII; August 1st, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Same mistake others made. Added my old email account to UbuntuOne, but setting it as the "preferred" email failed. After logging into the forums, I now have a new account. And I am locked out of settings changes due to the 25 post rule. One problem with this is that this new account uses my full name (not good) rather than my old forum screen name.

I put in a request in the resolution center to link to my old forums account, but realized that though I might get my profile back (user since 2008 and bean count etc.), I will still have my full name as a screen name.

Can I resolve this by closing my UbuntuOne account completely then creating a new account with my old email address? At this point, I am afraid to do anything.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@Ronald_P._Ouellette, I have addressed your concerns in your Resolution Centre thread. I can sort this all out for you so there is no need to ask the same again in this thread.

And a reminder to everyone - something that has been said before.

Please do not post questions about individual accounts in this thread - they will be lost in the background noise. The place to get an admin to help you deal with issues for individual forum accounts is in the Resolution Centre.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast