Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My User ID

Beans

My User ID

All,

When this board got crashed, the Admin totally screwed up and lost all my user info. I am "OldManRiver" and put a request into the admins to restore my account correctly.

In the mean time they have created a new ID for me of zQ6ML3J and just letting you know entries you see under that ID are in fact "OldManRiver".

I put my request for the fix over a week ago, so you can see all admins are asleep, so needed to inform the community, cause they got me down as "NOOB" and you know I'm not.

Cheers!

OMR

Beans

Re: My User ID

Yeah. here conradin.
    how do i get my old account back?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You need to post in the resolution center in the feedback section of the forums.
    Your usernames still exist, however somehow you logged in with the wrong information needed.
    Make a post there, and an admin will give you directions on the fix.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

A week ago? Has the forum been back up that long? I do not think so.

No, the moderators are not asleep but they have been working hard in the last few days testing the forum before it was opened again.

I changed my password on my Launchpad account as soon as I heard about the hack and I have no problems logging in with my usual user name. This thread might explain your situation.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164051

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post

No, the moderators are not asleep but they have been working hard in the last few days testing the forum before it was opened again.

I changed my password on my Launchpad account as soon as I heard about the hack and I have no problems logging in with my usual user name. This thread might explain your situation.

Regards.
    +1

The important info needed by the forum and mods is your email address as used and known to the forum previously, not your old username.

The thread shown in grahammechanical's link above shows:-
    Existing Forum Account Holders, please note the following:

• Please ensure that your preferred email address on https://login.ubuntu.com matches that associated with your Ubuntu Forums account. This way your accounts will be linked automatically. It does not matter if your forum and Ubuntu One account usernames are different; the match is done by email address only and if you have a current forum account, the forum username will not change.
    • If the email on your Ubuntu One account does not match any email in the forum database, a new account will automatically be created with a post count of 0. It will not be possible to transfer post counts, profile information or any privileges associated with a high post count to the newly-created account. It will be better therefore to match your Ubuntu One preferred email with that registered to your forum account. As soon as you have logged in the first time, the two accounts will be associated and you will be able to change your email addresses on either or both accounts without affecting the account association.
    • If you have an Ubuntu Forums account but no Ubuntu One (SSO) account, please go to https://login.ubuntu.com and create an Ubuntu One account with the same email address associated with your Ubuntu Forums account.
    and this seems to be where most problems have arisen, however it could not have been more clearly spelled out for you.

The forum resolution centre mods are trying to put these incorrect logins right, but there seem to be so many of them that it will undoubtedly take a while to sort out for all.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    The forum resolution centre mods are trying to put these incorrect logins right, but there seem to be so many of them that it will undoubtedly take a while to sort out for all.
    Admins are busy handling threads in the Resolution Centre. Mods are busy moving them there, but your response will (probably - we've apparently missed a couple) improve if you start a thread there.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    You need to post in the resolution center in the feedback section of the forums.
    Your usernames still exist, however somehow you logged in with the wrong information needed.
    Make a post there, and an admin will give you directions on the fix.
    DF,

Already posted there and sent Private Message to Admin, but nothing yet in 48hrs!

Cheers!

OMR

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by zQ6ML3J View Post
    DF,

Already posted there and sent Private Message to Admin, but nothing yet in 48hrs!

Cheers!

OMR
    No idea which admin you PM'd other than it wasn't me.

You have no thread in Resolution Centre as far as I can see.

Last edited by Elfy; August 2nd, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post

Regards.
    Glad for all the hard work! I posted the problem and sent Private Message to "Admin", guess no one is reading that either, but understand the overload. Since I keep all accounts in DB, should have not had any problems, but know sometimes crashes corrupt DBs, so may have been what kept me out. Either that or your DB restore, restored from such an old version that info on me was no longer correct.

Either way you now have the problem, and we are communicating, so looking forward to fix and then email from y'all on this. Think I put the right email in the private message, but will re-send to make sure.

Cheers!

OMR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast