Thread: How do I paste a screen shot into a message in this forum?

Beans

How do I paste a screen shot into a message in this forum?

How do I paste a screen shot into a message in this forum? Also, if I don't want the whole screen shot, but just want part of it, what is the best editing tool to use? I am running 12.04.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How do I paste a screen shot into a message in this forum?

moved to forum help and feedback
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

For large images please use an image host with a link (Insert Image) or (Paste URL) . If you use the screenshot tool installed with Ubuntu you can upload the thumbnails via the manage attachments function below the reply to thread dialog.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You have to use the Advanced reply editor, not Quick reply, to get the toolbar shown in the first screenshot of the previous post, and then simply click on the paperclip icon on the top one of the three toolbars. You then navigate to your screenshot image and attach it.

If you want to crop a full screenshot the easiest way is to use screenshot from your menus, which I think on all the DEs has an option to pick an area. If you just want the current active window in the shot it will probably be either Alt+Print Screen or if you have changed the setting perhaps Winkey+Print Screen. Alternately if you really need to crop it in another application, there are almost too many to choose from; for speed I would probably use gthumb or mirage.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; August 5th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.