Thread: Please Link My Old Account

Beans

Please Link My Old Account

Same mistake a lot of others made. I added my old email address then logged in when the option to change the "preferred" email address seemed to fail. Now I have a new account with my full name (not good) as a screen name.

Could you PLEASE link this account with my old forum account. My screen name/login name was Ron O.

I can't even make settings changes with this account because of the 25 post rule. User since 2008.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Please Link My Old Account

Yes, the email registered to your old Ron O account did not match the preferred email in your Ubuntu One account when you first logged in.

I have disassociated the new (this) account from Ubuntu One.

If you login again without changing your Ubuntu One preferred email, you will be returned to this account and re-associate this account with Ubuntu One.

If you can remember the email registered to the Ron O account, then reset your Ubuntu One preferred email to match this, log out of the forum and log back in again. You will be taken to the Ron O account.

If you can't remember the email, log back in without changing your Ubuntu One settings and pm me. For security reasons you have to be able to prove you are the registrant of the Ron O account.

By the way - two points. The 25 post rule is not relevant - an admin is needed to sort out your account associations. And if you are uncomfortable with your name appearing in your posts in thsi thread, pm me after you have got back into your Ron O account and I can sort something out for you.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I DID log in again before reading your reply so I may be reassociated- sorry.

Would this work?
    1. Close my UbuntuOne account completely and uninstall the app from my Android tablet (eliminating my full name as a username).
    2. Create a NEW UbuntuOne account with my old email address on my desktop system (still my current desktop active email address).
    3. Reinstall UbuntuOne on the Android device.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

disassociated again

emailing