Thread: yet another account problem

Beans

yet another account problem

another case of "my nickname has 2 attached to it and the old stuff is gone, halp!!!"

I noticed that i had a launchpad account with email from wp. pl domain (my standard email for nonessential stuff) so right off the bat i went through the login process with it on UbuForums and got the vaphell2 account instead of the old Vaphell one. Would be nice to get the years old account back.

I am not 100% sure if it was wp. pl attached to UF as i never got the warning email, at least i couldn't find it anywhere.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: yet another account problem

Don't worry about your Launchpad account - it's irrelevant in this situation. Ubuntu One is where you login from. You need to know the email that is registered to your older Vaphell forum account.

I have disassociated your vaphell2 account from Ubuntu One. If you know the Vaphell email, change the preferred email in your Ubuntu One account to match the Vaphell email, log out and log in again. If you configure your Ubuntu One account with the correct email, you will be logged into your Vaphell account and the Vaphell account will be linked to your Ubuntu One account.

If you can't remember your Vaphell email, post back before logging out or pm me and we will try to sort something out.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

i don't worry about launchpad, i simply figured out i had some ubu voodoo account already, seeing how launchpad belongs to this login business, and it did let me in to forums without any account creation.

oh man, i created my account in 2006 or 7. If my main email for such stuff (wp pl) doesn't match then it means that most likely it's my other account I used to have long time ago (poczta onet pl). Unfortunately it got closed due to inactivity so it might be tricky to link it due to the required confirmation.
    If that's the case, is it possible to rebind the UF account to wp?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I've disassociated this account.

Amended the mail address in vaphell to match the login.ubuntu.com one.

Please logout shortly and try logging in.

Assuming that it works you will not be able to post here - you can sling me a quick PM so I know this is closed.