Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New SSO has "issues"

Hybrid View

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

New SSO has "issues"

The new SSO logins have issues, at least with the current Firefox.

* After login, the redirection back doesn't return to the exact forum post - just to the top level. That is broken.
    * After login in 1 tab, the other tabs do not gain the login credentials. That is broken.

If I'd wanted an SSO login for everything Ubuntu - I would have created one before. I prefer to keep all my eggs in different baskets. Is having different email addresses the only way to accomplish that now?

Of course, these issues could be personal problems because of my security settings - like blocking 3rd party cookies. If so, I'll either learn to live with it or just stop posting here. I want to give back and this is 1 way that I try to help others. Running a LUG is another.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: New SSO has "issues"

Thread moved to Forum Feedback & Help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

IT might take us a short while to get back to you - we've got logging in issues

But we will.

Bear with us please The Fu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    * After login in 1 tab, the other tabs do not gain the login credentials. That is broken.
    I've seen this on other browsers too. Specifically, Chrome Android.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I can't stay logged in, is that a problem for everyone, I expect if it is, they're dealing with it
    Catch me on Freenode - imark

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMark View Post
    I can't stay logged in, is that a problem for everyone, I expect if it is, they're dealing with it
    +1. Let's give the admins time to iron out wrinkles

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The admin's are seeing what can be done about changing the time limit for being signed in.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

threads merged
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

Re:moving/merging threads

Quote Originally Posted by sandyd View Post
    threads merged
    Not sure that always works as intended.
    ( as far as the link from previous 'un-merged' listing..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    +1. Let's give the admins time to iron out wrinkles
    Definitely. Needed to report the issues - searched and didn't see anyone else reporting the same problems.

I've altered my workflow - instead of opening a new tab and replying for each _interesting_ thread, I open a new tab for each, login to 1 and make posts only in that single tab one at a time.

I've imagined what I'd do if our authentication system was penetrated - we don't have SSO, but we do have a single user/group/password store. If it becomes hacked, well, in short, I'm screwed.

I've never run a forum - too afraid of forum spam to even make the attempt, plus most forum software seems to be written in PHP and our corporate CISSP will not allow PHP-anything on the internet - ever. Any PHP webapp needs to only be accessible after a VPN connection or on the LAN only. I'm not a webapp security expert, but I've learned to trust the paranoia from those guys.

I suppose we should also mention all the things that seem to be working as desired, to be fair. Those 3 things are the only ones that I've noticed. I don't allow 3rd party cookies and I limit all cookies to be session-only. The tiny extra hassle that causes is worth it to me.

My Next Steps
    I need to prepare my email server for more spam (up the anti-spam rejection settings) AND actually change the password I use here from the old one? It was long, random, and complex. Need to create a new UbuntuForums934@domain.com email address and switch over to that. Spam has a tough time being delivered to an address that no longer exists. Did the same for LinkedIn, Lifehacker, and a few others. Not too much hassle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast