Thread: WIfi not working after installing Ubuntu 13.04 — Broadcom BCM4313

Beans

WIfi not working after installing Ubuntu 13.04 — Broadcom BCM4313

So my network connection is not working at all after formating my computer and installing Ubuntu 13.04.

Before formating, I was using Windows 7 in one partition and Ubuntu 12.04 in another. I installed windows first and had to download some drivers to have network, video, etc, working properly. And Ubuntu 12.04 automatically had everything working by itself.

So I formated my computer, installed Ubuntu 13.04 and can't setup the internet connection.
    My computer is a Dell N4030 and I can't even find the right driver on the company website (at least on the brazilian version that atomatically opens in my browser).

I tried to install and uninstall STA drivers as well and it didn't worked. I made some progress by installing "Broadcom_Firmware_070513.tar.gz" that someone helped me with (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2163811) and configuring with some command lines, so at least now I can see some avaliable networks.

I can turn my wifi on, see networks avaliable, but can't connect. It keeps asking my password/authentication over and over again. It's been a day and pretty frustrating. I really like Ubuntu and would like to keep using it.

Does any of you, please, know how to fix this?
    Last edited by JesUbik; July 20th, 2013 at 04:20 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: WIfi not working after installing Ubuntu 13.04 — Broadcom BCM4313

please don't double post, stick with that thread and IF someone can help they will but posting a second thread for the same thing.

Beans

Ok. Desperate begginer here.
    Sorry.

Beans

If the network is from mac (adhoc) try to change the password to something like this $1234567890 on mac, and in the ubuntu exclude the $ when you input the password.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Duplicate thread closed. Original here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2163811
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.