Thread: Users at Login

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Users at Login

My production system is 13.04 on sda5 running Unity. From this I do a DD into sda6 as a baseline then do an apt-get dist-upgrade to build to 13.10 specs. I can then test to my hearts content in sda6 as Saucy moves to release. The only user accounts on the production partition (sda5) are myself and PostgreSQL. Under 13.04, only my user name appears in the login screen and under the "log out etc" icon on the top panel. When I want to logout or restart the computer, Ubuntu just does it without asking for passwords. I'm happy.

After upgrading my sda6 partition to Saucy (and booting into that partition), I now have PostgreSQL listed as a user at login:
    and also at the 'logout/restart' icon on the top panel:
    which also now demands that I provide a password confirmation of action. Not so happy.

If I check the details under "User and Groups" on both 13.04 and 13.10, the details are exactly the same... as I would expect. I'm running LightDM on both partitions.

Damned if I can find a reason for the difference with the exception that 13.10 has introduced something new with regards to users. I don't believe there are any options for excluding a particular user from the login screen... it's an all or nothing switch.

Anyone have any ideas how I can exclude PostgreSQL from the login screen.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Users at Login

Please file a bug.

Code:
    ubuntu-bug accountsservice
    If you can include any lines in /etc/passwd that mention postgres that would help too. Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Ruh Roh... filing a bug... ok, time for an old dog to learn a new trick. I will be looking for a treat if I get this right.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Woot woot... 1202054

I can haz belly rub?

Edit: Is good to learn something new.
    Last edited by PJs Ronin; July 18th, 2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: inserted bug code

Beans

Re: including an active bug link

In this forum you can now use [lpdbug]bug number only[/lpbug] (remove the red d, only used so bb code would display
    yours - 1202054

1202054Users at Login
    Last edited by mc4man; July 17th, 2013 at 06:57 AM.