Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ubuntu webmail...

Beans

ubuntu webmail...

I love Ubuntu... I want to see my every device runs on Ubuntu.

I have one suggestion for the team of Ubuntu... you guys have wonderful OS,good support, Ubuntu one cloud have you ever thought about launching your own web-mail service like g mail or yahoo.

One more thing i want to see is that, "the best of g mail , yahoo mail and Hotmail lands in Ubuntu mail without any advertisement."

This will help making Ubuntu a better ecosystem and we don't have to relay on other providers.

Cheer for Ubuntu mail: mail for humans.

Love openness, love Ubuntu...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: ubuntu webmail...

Not a support request.

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat.
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.

Ubuntu membership via Forums contributions

Beans

They could call it Umail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    They could call it Umail
    I wouldn't be opposed to that, and Umail is definitely the obvious choice to go, haha.

I know it's probably not a big deal to a lot of people, but I personally am one of the individuals who would appreciate the alternative email. I know that Ubuntu contributors get the nifty @Ubuntu.com email address, but having a solution for every-day users would be excellent, and the foundation is essentially there already.

Just have an option that any Ubuntu One account created gets a limited amount of storage, and an @umail.com email address along with their Ubuntu One services. Hell, I'd even sacrifice some of my free Ubuntu One storage space to make room for the email account. And if you wanted to eliminate Windows/Mac users who just use the cloud services, then only offer the email for accounts registered on the Ubuntu OS platform itself. Something along the lines of being prompted to register for Ubuntu One and information during the first boot operating system.

I suppose the details don't matter too much, but having the additional service would definitely be appreciated by a lot of people. Plus, it adds an extra form of user-to-system attachment and community building, similar to Apple and the @me/@mac/@icloud addresses.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This really isn't on topic, but one of the perks when becoming an Ubuntu member is an ubuntu.com email address, there are a couple of ways to become an Ubuntu member, either through the Forum or by contributing to Ubuntu in other ways.

Beans

I think umail is good insted of ubuntu mail... This is a topic Ubuntu team must consider...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

and it should be encrypted (client & server side)...
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I guess that Microsoft, Google, and Apple do it, so Ubuntu would do well to follow suit. I don't see how it could avoid being ad supported, save maybe as a perk through paid Ubuntu One service.

Should probably be an @one.ubuntu.com address so as not to conflict with the community award cariboo907 is talking about, as well.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

ad support is not only the way to make money... I know its tough because all of web mail providers make money from ad support, but this is the time is to earn some trust from people who are not linux users. If Ubuntu do this it will become unique service provider. And to achieve huge success it has to offer which is unique which will make Ubuntu more secure and ultimate choice of personal and enterprises users. Once Ubuntu steps into the enterprises money making will not be complicated issue.And then there is a chances to build a unique ecosystem...
    Last edited by prabhatmaurya; July 14th, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

Beans

Obviously...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast