Thread: Jam with Linuxband in Ubuntu Studio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Jam with Linuxband in Ubuntu Studio

Since I installed Ubuntu Studio, i had this in radar....
    Today was my first session of jamming with Linuxband playing thru Qsynth...
    My drummer n me(guitar) we jammed on top of it...

Any of u do this regularly, or any tips on how to make this more interesting, ur ideas n implementation, set ups are welcome to be shared here....
    bhatta

May the Source be with you !
    Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk, agh
    'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: Jam with Linuxband in Ubuntu Studio

Linux Band? I have to learn about this!
    Yesterday I watched a youtube video from the Linux Fest North West 2012 "Linux Sucks" session: The speaker said that one of the resons Linux Sucks its that there is not and band-in-abox software. It's a great lecture youtube search LFNW 2012 sucks. And now, apparently it sucks a little less.

Do you record yourself playing with your imaginary friends? Now you are Jacked you can record the whole session and edit out the less-than-profound.

I an using Ubuntu Studio mostly for music practice. How do we post recordings in this forum?

Are you posting in the middle of the night? Likek 3AM?

I'll check back here....
    Last edited by RobertoRecordo; July 7th, 2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: forgot something

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Re: Jam with Linuxband in Ubuntu Studio

Nah, couldn't record this time... Gettin Ardour Workin, and monitoring it would be difficult while playing, but surely that's gonna happen sometime soon....

Yup, I posted that last night/morning 3AM... generally i keep awake... thanks to the beans, but then again, it makes me gassy!

Another option like Linuxband is Lemma, http://welltemperedstudio.wordpress.com/code/lemma/

Surely Linux sucks, but it is sucking the last remaining juices outta Microsoft, thats my feeling anyways....

I dont think we can post recordings here... u hav been here long...
    How do u practice music with UStudio? ur set up? what instrument & what genre u play? Plz share...

I am a guitarist, & what i play can best be described as indi-rock, & true to the sense coz i can play indi ragas n all... n i improvise over them...along with modes of major, minor, sevenths n little blues improvisations...
    got my drummer for good support n recently added linuxband....
    Last edited by su:bhatta; July 8th, 2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: typo
    bhatta

May the Source be with you !
    Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk, agh
    'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !