Thread: Cannot right-click and 'paste' anything in PCManFM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Cannot right-click and 'paste' anything in PCManFM

Hi there!

A bit of an odd one happening for me lately with PCManFM. If I select a file or directory, then right click and choose either 'cut' or 'copy' all looks well. But if I go to another directory and then right click; 'paste' is always greyed out and won't work.

At the same time, if I drag files or directory to another directory showing on the same tab, that moves the files just fine. And the "mv" and "cp" commands move just fine.

It's a bit of a bother. If, for some reason, I want to move or copy files from, say "~/documents/receipts" to "/media/buddy/32gig" I can't drag and drop into different tabs in the same window, although I can drag and drop between different windows of PCManFM.

Does anyone know why the right-click->paste option would be disabled in PCManFM? And how to enable it? I find it's handy to have one window of PCMan with multiple tabs when I want to reorganize my files sometimes, so this paste option being disabled is a bit of a nuisance.

I think this might have started with Lubuntu 13.04. I'm not 100% sure, though. I've got Lubuntu installed on two laptops: a Toshiba Satellite A100 (32 bit Lubuntu) and a much newer Asus X55u (64 bit Lubuntu). And in both, the right-click-paste option is dsabled in PCManFM.

Anyway... If anyone could tell me how to enable that handy little paste thingy, it would be ever so nice!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by M_Mynaardt; July 1st, 2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Got it sorted out!
    The Ubuntu family is your computer's friend!
    Always trust an Ubuntu OS!

Beans

Re: Cannot right-click and 'paste' anything in PCManFM

Lubuntu 13.04 here. The right-click and copy/paste are working normally on my system, so it is not PCManFM having the function disabled in Lubuntu 13.04.

Here is another similar report that offers some information for you:

http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36214
    Last edited by Dennis N; July 1st, 2013 at 08:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Cannot right-click and 'paste' anything in PCManFM

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N View Post
    Lubuntu 13.04 here. The right-click and copy/paste are working normally on my system, so it is not PCManFM having the function disabled in Lubuntu 13.04.

Here is another similar report that offers some information for you:

http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36214
    Well, that was an easy fix! No idea why Parcellite was causing PCManFM to act like that.

I replaced Parcellite with Clipit and now it's working properly.

Thanks for that; I never would've connected a PCManFM problem to a clipboard manager like that!
    The Ubuntu family is your computer's friend!
    Always trust an Ubuntu OS!