Thread: Problem while installing ubuntu via wubi

Beans

Problem while installing ubuntu via wubi

Hio

I've been facing this problem quite a few times before as well (long back though)
    whenever i download an ISO of ubuntu and install via wubi, it automatically starts DOWNLOADING a whole new ISO file...
    i was finally able to install using cmd function to run wubi (while internet is off), but still was a headache. what could be the reason?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Problem while installing ubuntu via wubi

Wubi is not officially supported in the latest Ubuntu version, due to issues with its developpement.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeto Tr7 View Post
    whenever i download an ISO of ubuntu and install via wubi, it automatically starts DOWNLOADING a whole new ISO file...
    Put the ISO file in the same folder as the wubi.exe executable and the wubi installer will use the saved ISO rather than download another one. Make sure that the release version of both wubi.exe and ISO match. This, of course, only works for 12.10 and earlier for the reason given by vanadium. More on wubi here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

If you want to trial run Ubuntu with Wubi 12.04 and 12.10 are the only options left and 12.10 installer can be down loaded from the bottom of the page at the link. http://nz.releases.ubuntu.com/12.10/
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors