Thread: How To Add MP4 Video To Banshee

Beans

How To Add MP4 Video To Banshee

I have an ipod classic and I'm able to add music and sync music to the ipod in Banshee but I'm unable to add video or sync video to my ipod classic in Banshee. What do I need to do.

Beans

Re: How To Add MP4 Video To Banshee

I tried an m4v video and I was able to import it into Banshee but when I try to sync it to my ipod I get an error saying the file is not supported and could not be converted.

Beans

Do you have gstreamer1.0-libav installed (assuming you're using Ubuntu 13.04)??

Beans

I just checked and yes I have gstreamer1.0-libav installed and yes I have Ubuntu 13.04

Beans

Maybe you should try manually converting the m4v to something supported by your player (using avconv).

Oh, and please don't make multiple threads on the same subject: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2158777

Beans

Mp4 and M4v are the only video formats supported by the iPod classic and sorry about the multiple threads. By the way I've noticed that vlc media player is also good and easy for converting video maybe I'll try using that again to convert my videos.

edit: It seems no matter what I'm only able to import m4v files to banshee and not mp4 files. My ipod classic can play m4v videos (I checked the specs), but for some reason I can't seem to sync them to my ipod using banshee.
    Last edited by CrystalDreamer59; July 1st, 2013 at 08:20 PM.