Thread: Is there an Itunes like program?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Is there an Itunes like program?

Ubuntu is great but I would like to be able to get the videos and music that I could on windows. Also I dont like downloading music as if it was free. I would like to be able to download movies like I would be able to on Itunes. It does not have to be the same format as Itunes I would just like something I can buy media with.
    What an extraordinary character who lives the best he could be. Living to prove that life is meant to learn to dance in the rain because choosing to live through hard times and overcoming their own human error is a story to be told.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Is there an Itunes like program?

Would spotify suit your needs?
    They have an Ubuntu client. Just music though, no videos.
    Suppose you could use Netflix for movies?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

For music there are some solutions to connect to iTunes as well as other services like https://one.ubuntu.com/ . For Videos I don't know many, and to my knowledge you can't run Netflix natively on linux platform?

On the other hand you could always run iTunes, Netflix and other through Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

If you have itunes running somewhere else and the library shared over the network you could use Plex as a front end to play back your stuff? Probably doesn't answer your question at all...