Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Performance EDUP MS-1537

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Poor Performance EDUP MS-1537

If you're buying a new device, I have a couple suggestions. I'm just using wireless for web surfing so ultimate speed isn't important to me -- my broadband connection is only so fast so N150 speed is fine for me. I have two devices that 'just work'. Trendnet TEW-649UB uses a Realtek RTL-8192SU chipset. This one 'feels' a little faster. The second adapter that 'just works' is a Netgear WNA1100 using an Atheros chipset.

A potential fly-in-the-ointment is manufacturers sometimes change the chipset in a model without changing the model#. For example, this seems to have happened with Dlink DWA-131 some time ago. The original used the RealTek 8192SU chipset and worked great in linux. Current production uses a different RealTek chipset and doesn't work well if at all. The only way to tell the difference is to look at the label on the device. It may say something like ver.2 or ver.B or similar. Of course you have to buy and open the device to read the label. Grrrr..........
    Last edited by kurt18947; July 2nd, 2013 at 02:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Have you tried turning off N speeds in the router to see if it helps?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

Dear Forum,

Thank you Chili555, I tried turning off the N signal and still just keeps dropping. I returned the item and now searching for a new adapter. I am hoping someone can suggest a wireless adapter that works with Ubuntu and my MOBO,

My motherboard is,

ASRock E350M1 AMD E-350 APU (1.6GHz, Dual-Core) AMD A50M Hudson M1 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

Is there a way to know if this motherboard works with certain wifi-adapters. My goal is N-300 adapter since I want to make this for streaming movies and such.
    Thanks...Chad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12